Welcome to School #53!
Principal: Denisca Thompson
Assistant Principals: Jodi Hammond-Axberg & Elizabeth Pawlowski
Our monthly SBMT meeting is scheduled for Friday, June 9th at 8:15 am in our school Library. All are welcome! We can also provide a link to join virtually if requested.
Students must be dressed appropriately during these warmer weeks of school, including appropriate footwear. Please review the District Code of Conduct if you are unsure of the expectations. (Link below)
We are having an information session on Tuesday, May 30th @ 4:30 pm (https://call.lifesizecloud.com/1644903) regarding the district's new 3-bell system.
On Saturday, June 10th, we will be holding informational meetings on our school comprehensive education plan for the 2023-24 school year. More information will be forthcoming.
**Cell phones are NOT permitted during the school day. Students must keep their phones OFF and AWAY during the day. Students in grades 7 and 8 should have locks for their lockers, in order to keep their phone secured. Everyone has the opportunity to turn their phone in each morning to their teacher, administration, or the Main Office. If violations continue, a parent/guardian will be required to pick up the phone.
Thank you! Ms. Thompson, Ms. Hammond & Mrs. Pawlowski
- To ensure that every student will have the confidence, knowledge, thinking skills, character and hope to assume responsibility for her/his life and contribute to the lives of others; and…
- We will champion excellence and innovative learning experiences in partnership with family and community; and…
- We will hold ourselves accountable for educating our students and for working to energize all members of the community to actively participate in the accomplishment of our mission.
Important Names to Know:
Mrs. Tara McCann, School Clerk
Mr. Thomas Pasternack & Ms. Allison Stoerr, School Counselors
Ms. Tiffany Johnson & Ms. Jenna Cavallaro, Social Workers
Ms. Elyse Mangano, School Psychologist
Ms. Heather Smith, CSE Chairperson
Ms. Karon Newbern, Transportation Coordinator
Please see the links below for our District Code of Conduct, the results of our Wellness survey, Youth-Risk Behavior Survey and our ED Climate Survey. Thanks to all who participated!!
Mandatory Uniform Policy:
- Burgundy shirt with the School #53 Logo
- Pants, Skirt, or Jumper (Navy blue for Grades Pre-K to 8)
- Black belt (plain, without ornaments or symbols)
- Black shoes or sneakers
All students are to be appropriately dressed for school each day. Jackets or overcoats may not be worn during the school day. Students may wear navy blue, tan, or white sweaters with their uniform shirt. **Students are not allowed to wear hoods during the day!**
The uniform order form can be found under quick links. An order form was sent in our summer information package, and are available in our Main Office.
PS 53 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Scan the QR code or click the link below for our 23-24 school supply lists. Please contact the Main Office with any questions.