Immunization Requirements for 2020-2021
Required Immunizations for the
2020-2021 School Year
ALL children registered in a Buffalo Public School MUST have up to date immunizations to comply with Public Health Law No. 2164. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS for immunizations because of COVID-19. Students will be required to have updated immunizations regardless of whether school is virtual or in person. Please contact your child’s primary care physician to schedule an appointment.
For more information please click the links below:
Additional Resources for parents and families
- #CallYourPediatrician: Printable flyer for kindergarten/new student orientations; to post in main offices, school nurses offices, guidance offices; to include in district newsletters.
- #CallYourPediatrician: a video message from Erie County Commissioner of Health Dr. Gale Burstein
- ECDOH Immunization Clinic: https://www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=vaccines-available-ecdoh (716) 858-7687 – call and leave a message
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Fact Sheet – a federal program to provide free vaccines for eligible children: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/index.html
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Parent flyer in English: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/parents/qa-flyer.pdf
- Programa Vacunas para Niños (VFC) Información para los padres en Español: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/parents/qa-flyer-sp.pdf
- Lower-cost Health Insurance Plans - NY State of Health: 1-855-355-5777 or https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/
- Federally Qualified Health Centers accepting new patients: https://www2.erie.gov/health/sites/www2.erie.gov.health/files/uploads/pdfs/FQHCPrimaryCareEC.pdf