1:1 Technology Program
One to One Technology Initiative (1:1 Technology)
The Buffalo Public School District currently provides all student in grades 3-12 with their own individual iPad or laptop, assigned to them to use throughout the school day. These devices are stored and charged in homerooms overnight so they are ready for the next day.Goals and ObjectivesThe Buffalo Public School's 1:1 Technology Program will integrate technology in the classroom to:
Take-Home ProgramHigh School seniors as well as students completing online and/or advanced course work may be offered the opportunity to take devices home, returning them in June at the close of the school year. This option is offered at the discretion of building administration and requires student to return signed copies of the contract and Acceptable Use Policy found in the school's 1:1 Technology Handbook. As always, if you have questions or would like more information, please contact the IT Department or your child's school.
- Promote student engagement and enthusiasm for learning.
- Increase resources for learning.
- Expand self-paced student learning opportunities.
- Provide students access to information and the opportunity to connect it to curriculum in a meaningful manner.
- Engage students in authentic real-world learning.
- Encourage communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Nurture a sense of responsibility and 21st century digital citizenship.