OLMSTED PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION
Mission: To enhance and enrich the educational and social development of the students, faculty, and families of the Frederick Law Olmsted School.
The Olmsted Parent Teacher Organization (OPTO) is an organization of parents, teachers, students, staff, and administrators at the Frederick Law Olmsted School. The OPTO's purpose is to serve the students and staff of the Olmsted program. Besides community building, our primary purpose is to raise money to sponsor items and events that complement and enhance the curriculum and student achievement. The OPTO and its achievements are part of what make the Olmsted School a shining star in the Buffalo Public School System!
- A sound education is the basis for a successful life.
- Parental involvement increases a student's success in school.
- A strong school has parents, teachers, students, administrators, and the community working together.
- Students thrive in a school that has a clear sense of community.
- Parents are the most effective advocates for quality education for their children.
- Increase parental involvement in school activities.
- Increase teacher and parental involvement in the OPTO.
- Enhance communication between school and home.
- Raise funds to enrich classroom instruction and provide cultural experiences.
- Advocate for the educational needs of the Olmsted students.
The Olmsted Parent Teacher Organization always needs help with numerous volunteer efforts in the school and help with running our various committees and events. Many activities, events, and school supplies are made possible by the OPTO. The OPTO sponsors field trips such as trips to Becker Farm, Theatre of Youth, The Power Vista as well as in-school educational assemblies. We host community building events such as our Fall Family Fest and Winter Ice Skating event, Olmsted Day at the Bisons, Garden Club, as well as a student favorite, the end of the year field day. We have bought computers, maps, projectors, books, gym supplies, art supplies, and science equipment.
SUPPORT OPTO YEAR-ROUND:
Download the BOX TOPS APP and select Frederick Law Olmsted School as your school of choice. Just scan your grocery receipt and Olmsted will earn $0.10 for every box top product purchased. We still collect paper Box Tops as well.
For more information or to download the app visit: https://www.boxtops4education.com/
Save your Dash's Market Receipts! Olmsted earns $2.50 for every $100 worth of receipts redeemed.
Tops in Education allows you to support Olmsted when you use your BonusPlus Card at Tops Friendly Markets. Visit: https://www.topsmarkets.com/education/
- Registeryour Tops BonusPlus®.
- Select Frederick Law Olmsted 64 from the list of schools.
- Purchase participating TOPS Brand, Full Circle™, TopCare®, Tippy Toes, Simply Done™, That's Smart®, and Best Yet®products with your Tops BonusPlus®
- Tops contributes up to 5% of your purchase to Olmsted. The more you shop, the higher percentage Tops donates!
- Make sure to register your bonus card each year with the program.
Questions? Contact school 64 representatives at 64OPTO@gmail.com