Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We would like to welcome you and your child to The Buffalo School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management’s 2022- 2023 School Year. We are thrilled to welcome our students and staff back to school. This packet will provide an overview of important information, school policies, and school expectations.
The first day of school for students will be September 6, 2022. Students who take the NFTA will be allowed to ride for free from September 6 – September 9. Students will be issued a bus pass the first week of school. Please refer to https://metro.nfta.com/schedules/plan-your-trip for information to get to and from school.
Included in this packet you will find (in Yellow):
- Bell Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Rules and Regulations for Student Travel on NFTA Metro Public Transit
- District Calendar at a Glance
- Buffalo Public Schools 2022-2023 Letter Days at a Glance
- Buffalo Public Schools Visitor Policy
- Grade Reporting Timeline for Progress Reports and Report Cards for the 2022-2023 School Year
- Parent Letter for Safety Drills
- School Expectations & Code of Conduct Highlights
Things that should be sent back to school or completed using the QR code below (In PINK):
- BPS Pupil Directory Important Emergency Information 2022-2023 School Year
- Acceptable Use Policy for Information Technology
- One to One Program Student/Parent Contract
- Buffalo Public Schools Media Release Form
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to provide an equitable, inclusive, and high-quality education.
We want to introduce our parent liaison Marisol Antonetti. Please reach out to her if you are interested in becoming involved at The Buffalo School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our relationship with families. Feel free to contact her at 716-981-0282 or email@example.com .
The School Based Management Team (SBMT) is made up of, parents, teachers, administration, support staff, community partners and student representatives. The Buffalo School of Culinary Art’s and Hospitality Management’s SBMT is committed to pursuing issues and facilitating changes that enhance the qualityof education for all our students. Buffalo Culinary’s SBMT meets each month to discuss ideas and offer suggestions in the interest of our school community.Parents are encouraged to communicate their ideas or concerns to the SBMT through the Main Office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL parents/guardians are welcome to attend. The meetings will take place at the school. The dates and time of the meetings are as follows:
September 21, 2022
October 19, 2022
November 16, 2022
December 21, 2022
January 18, 2023
February 14, 2023
March 22, 2023
April 26, 2023
May 17, 2023
June 6, 2023
Buffalo Culinary 1st Quarter Important Dates:
- September 12th- Picture Day for grades 9-11
- December 1, 2022, from 4PM – 6 PM -Parent -Teacher Conferences & Taste of Buffalo Culinary
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact the school at our 716-816-4778, Mr. Bass at DJbass@buffaloschools.org or 716-241-9790, or Ms. Schuta at Kschuta@buffaloschools.org or 716-241-9709.
Ms. Schuta, Principal Mr. Bass, Assistant Principal